DISCOVER NORTH VANCOUVER & CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE
Nestled at the mountains’ base and shrouded in the forests that blanket the landscape, the North Shore is a treat!
Experience the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge, and take the heart-quickening walk across this iconic bridge high above the canyon floor.
Explore the 7 suspended footbridges in Treetops Adventure, walk the cantilevered bridges adhered to a granite rock face at Cliffwalk, and stroll along elevated boardwalks through the temperate West Coast rainforest.
Visit the Shipyards District, one of the city’s oldest and fastest growing urban neighbourhoods, it is rich in shipbuilding history and bursting with life. Home to the Lonsdale Quay Market, The Polygon Gallery, and Burrard Pier, this area is situated along North Vancouver’s vibrant waterfront.
Enjoy the unobstructed views of Vancouver’s stunning skyline to the south, and the soaring North Shore mountains to the north. End your scenic tour back across the iconic Lions Gate Bridge to where your tour began.
Vancouver to North Shore & Capilano Park
- Depart from Wall Centre at 1:30pm and Canada Place at 1:45pm.
- Journey across the iconic Lions Gate Bridge. A suspension bridge originally built by the Guiness family famed for its Irish Stout.
- Explore the temperate rain forest and see Capilano River. Depending on the weather we will stop at either the Cleveland Dam or Capilano Salmon Hatchery
- Experience Capilano Suspension Bridge Park (admission included) with its many features. Take the heart-quickening walk across this iconic bridge, as well as visit Treetop Adventures with its suspended walkways high up in the trees. Stroll the elevated boardwalk through The Living Forest, and if you have any courage left, give Cliffwalk a go – just like it sounds you walk along a granite cliffside high above the canyon floor.
- Visit Lonsdale Quay Public Market, which is an eclectic collection of unique boutiques, artisan vendors and one-of-a-kind shops to visit. The market is also known for its iconic Q tower. Climb the 77 steps to the top for a view well worth the climb.
- Discover the Shipyards District with its public spaces, restaurants and shops, and be sure to stroll the Shipbuilders’ Pier to take in your surroundings.
- Return to the Wall Centre followed by Canada Place.
Please note there is an option to stay at the Shipyards District (instead of returning on the tour bus) to enjoy the many restaurants, craft breweries, and entertainment on select nights. Your Tour Guide will show you where & how to catch the sea bus back to Downtown Vancouver (additional cost).
Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
Lonsdale Quay Public Market
Lions Gate Bridge
Capilano River & Rainforest
Pick Up Times
- Cross Lions Gate Bridge
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- Capilano River
- Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- Shipyards District and Shipbuilders’ Pier
What to Bring:
- Sweater or jacket, the temperature can drop while on the North Shore Mountains
- Good, comfortable & warm walking shoes or boots
- Camera, Sunscreen & Sunglasses